Outsourcing your ecommerce fulfillment is a great way to set up or grow your Shopify store. We have listed reasons why you can trust The Storage Place as your fulfillment partner for Shopify shipping, but if you need some more information, please read on as we are covering Shopify Order Fulfillment solutions in more depth. We have also covered order fulfilment for eBay in a separate article if you’re interested.
Looking for Order Fulfillment specialist?
TSP’s Expert Order Fulfillment Services might be exactly what you need.
Call us if you’re looking to grow your business – we can help!
Shopify e-commerce store – the basics
Most likely, you already have, or you are about to launch a Shopify store to sell online. But for those who are just starting – Shopify is an ecommerce platform that allows store owners to set up an online shop and sell their products through their website. Shopify is a robust, fully hosted, cloud-based solution with payment gateway. In other words, the Shopify platform allows you to set up your online store how you want it, organise your products, accept online payments, as well as manage orders.
Does Shopify do order fulfillment?
Yes… in a way, but not quite – if you’re looking for Shopify shipping options in the UK, you won’t find them. Here, Shopify is an ecommerce software and does not have order fulfillment centers. To grow your business, you still need a warehouse and a pick pack team, or you can consider benefits of outsourcing order fulfillment to a third party fulfillment service provider.
However, when it comes to the USA market, back in July of 2019 Shopify introduced Shopify Fulfillment Network for qualifying merchants. They had st up a partner program with thirdparty logistics to provide packing and shipping services across the US. Currently, Shopify fulfillment is focused on growing its American network of fulfillment centers and has not disclosed whether they are planning to expand as a fulfillment company in Europe. This means Shopify is simply an online store builder for UK customers.
Why consider outsourcing your order fulfillment for Shopify store to us?
- Warehouse management of inventory fully integrated with Shopify and 47 other ecommerce websites
- 24/7 full, real-time access to your orders and inventory management
- Real-time reporting
- Multi-channel inventory management & courier integration
- Brand personalisation – shipping labels and dispatch notes
- Customs bonded warehousing to defer duty and VAT charges
- Account manager that will answer any questions about our ecommerce software for fulfillment
When is the right time to outsource Shopify order fulfillment?
In most circumstances, companies think about outsourcing fulfillment process as they scale. However, they are often unsure when to make the switch. Also, this will not come as a surprise, that switch is often made late and if considered earlier would help most company owners grow their business faster. But it’s hard to pinpoint that timeframe especially if you’re working in a fast-paced environment.
Here are some clear signs indicating that it’s time to outsource your Shopify fulfillment:
- Fluctuating sales – If your online orders are irregular or you’re mostly earning during peak-times like Christmas season or Black Friday sales you’re probably better off outsourcing the order fulfillment. It simply is not viable to be manually fulfilling orders, handling staff and and be stuck all day in warehouse management software going through product inventory which all take time and generate ongoing regular costs.
- Not enough hours in a day – If you ever feel there are not enough hours in a day to deal with your business needs, consider outsourcing. Being a business owner, you need to be able to grow your company and find time to develop or improve marketing strategy. If your day is saturated with tracking information about your orders, manually fulfilling stock, monitoring inventory levels or picking and packing items you won’t have time for sleep, never mind improving your business.
- Lack of framework or infrastructure – We’ve seen it many times – rapid growth often means Shopify merchants will outgrow their current infrastructure before they can adjust. Over time, issues may build up and can add a lot of stress and slow down online retail growth. A company specialising in Shopify order fulfillment is better equipped to adapt while you grow your business.
How does Shopify Order Fulfillment with The Storage Place work?
By choosing TSP for your order fulfillment service, you get access to our cloud-based IT system fully integrated with Shopify’s API. We receive and process your products through our warehousing fulfillment centres. We then pick, pack and ship them – all while our Shopify integrated system keeps track of your stock in real-time, so you don’t have to worry about Shopify fulfillment. Our system supports multi-channel fulfillment, so if you have several Shopify stores, we can integrate them as well.
How to integrate Shopify with TSP fulfillment software?
Very easy! We have a team and Account Managers that will help you go through the process. TSP team will complete most of the steps, as we aim to make Shopify order fulfillment set up hassle-free. No need to go through any API documentation! We’ve got you covered.
How do you automate fulfillment on Shopify
After we integrate your store with Shopify platform, we will automatically fulfil your orders. All orders received before 2 PM will be dispatched the same day. Don’t worry about selling out-of-stock items on your ecommerce platform. Our inventory management system will make certain that product options and levels of stock are up to date to ensure we are shipping items on as planned and all shopify products were dispatched through approved shipping methods. You can access our cloud-based system 24/7 from your location. All information is recorded in real-time, so you don’t need to wait for Shopify inventory syncing updates. TSP is a trusted fulfillment provider with 99.8% Service Levels that can customise fulfillment solutions to your needs.
Interested in outsourcing your order fulfilment to us?
Call to find out how we can help you improve cash flow & save money and time to excel your business development.