Order fulfilment cost structure
Order Fulfilment Pricing Structure
We understand there’s a no one-size-fits-all approach to eCommerce businesses.
Unlike others, we take the partnership approach – learning as much as we can about your business in order to provide order fulfilment pricing tailored to your needs.
What costs can I expect for order fulfilment?
Picking and packing fees are standard, you’ll usually find 2 separate costs here.
- The initial cost for someone to pick and pack the first item on a customer’s order.
- Reduced pick and pack cost for any additional items picked on the same order.
When joining The Storage Place, we ensure any order received prior to 2pm is sent that day (4pm for Prime deliveries!)
Returns Handling Cost
The costs usually covers receipt of the return, checking the item and returning to stock / sending back or quarantining the item. (Any shipping costs incurred will not be covered).
Goods In Cost
Receiving your goods and putting them in stock, ready to go on sale.
There’s no one size fits all when costing this, there’ll be times to send in a couple of boxes and times to send in a full container.
Timescales important, here at The Storage Place your goods will be booked in and put away within 16 hours of arriving.
Not only that, we’ll not charge a ‘by the hour’ cost. You’ll know exactly what cost you’ll pay.
There’s a couple of ways to be charged, but we believe it’s only fair to be charge volumetrically rather than by pallet.
For high volume sellers, this is more than likely your highest cost for order fulfilment.
Not only that, probably your most important, from a cost and a service point of view.
That’s why we use Royal Mail, DPD and Amazon Logistics for the majority of B2C orders, ensuring your customers are getting the best service at a reasonable price.
Set up Costs and Account Management costs
Surely every business wants the best systems, the most support and the smoothest set up. This is why these fees are charged by some companies and not others.
Here at The Storage Place, you’ll not only get the best systems, you’ll get a dedicated account manager to help grow your business.
Here are a few questions we suggest asking when getting costs for order fulfilment:
- Do you offer a set goods in cost rather than by the hour?
- How can you help me grow my business
- Can I integrate to all major marketplaces easily? Can I pull reports?
- Can I have a demo of the system?
- Do you have a global network to help me grow internationally?
- Are your bills itemised and do your proposals include all costs?
- Do you offer Amazon Prime services?
- Can you send me some testimonials?
- How many orders do you send a day? Will you be able to keep up with my growth?
- Can you send me a list of terms and conditions?
- What service do I expect from my account manager? What will they help me with?
Customer Service Support
ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT SERVICES
(OUR CUSTOMER, YOU)
Dedicated Account Manager
Reporting support, scheduling
Software support maintenance and resolution
Order support admin
Returns management admin
Direct access to our service support teams
Technical help support - 8am – 4pm Monday to Friday